Monday, April 12, 2010

Blogging to Wholeness

I realized a couple of days ago that this blog is in part a way to sort myself out. I don't know if anyone reads it much - I try to make it somewhat interesting and put full sentences together just in case. While it is in some ways similar to writing in a journal, it also feels like communicating with an imaginary friend.

Last week I wrote a post "Digging Through the Past" that helped me focus some thoughts about my father and his current circumstances. When I was finished with the short piece, I had a deeper understanding of my feelings. Maybe it is like speaking up at an AA meeting and claiming my own experience.

Almost without exception the writing flows when I have an inspiration to put up a new post. It is as though, happy or sad, there is something inside me that has to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment