Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stormy Weather

It has been raining and windy ever since first light. Except for the Sweet Gum, almost all the leaves are down. On the way back from my daily treatment at 9:30 am, I had to turn the car lights on because it was almost as dark as night. This is my kind of day.

The stormy weather gave me an excuse to pull out the bottle of Deco Distilling Coffee Rum we bought last summer when we visited the tasting room down near the river. Like a mad scientist I mixed cocoa, milk, and rum to find the right proportions. The result - delicious! The perfect compliment to a stormy day.

1 comment:

  1. We have had absolutely wild weather in the mountains as well. A few days of massive snow storms which piled up beautiful fluffy powder so quickly then oh disaster! rain rain rain. Now the streets are rivers in flood and the mountains of dirty heavy wet snow have completely rearranged the townscape. Of course the library roof leaked (don't they all?) But somehow, though, like you I am very energized through it all too: loving the magic and the drama of winter.

    ReplyDelete