Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sleepless

A street light and the venetian blinds conspire to make black and white stripes across the walls and furniture in the living room. Wind stirs the trees and the soaked ground rests between showers. It is after midnight - I can't sleep.

The day runs through my head like a news real of events. My mind is caught in the drama. Just the usual - emails, meetings, tuna with pickles on whole wheat.

NO! This was not the usual! My sweet little boy called to tell me he and his lovely Elizabeth will be married. It brings tears to know he has found the love of his life. In this time of chaotic relationships, we are all blessed by their sweet and enduring love.

I am sleepless not because of anguish. I am sleepless because I bless this day and the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment