Saturday, July 27, 2013

Are All Politicians Scum-Bags?

The local media broke a story ten days ago about the chair of our county commission involved in a long-term extra-marital affair with a county employee who was promoted to a high level position based on his recommendation. She was forced to resign. He has so far survived a pretend vote by the other four commissioners, all woman, asking him to resign. He cast the only no vote saying he should have a chance to vindicate himself. I can see the writing on the wall. The next story we will hear is that his lover seduced and stalked him against his will.

I'm steamed. Why is it OK for the county to run the woman out of her job and the man keeps his power and position. I don't care about the affair. I do care about the inequity of the outcome.

The more I read about this man and the people who helped him win his position the more I wonder if all politicians are scum-bags. This guy's strategy is to let the State take months to investigate hoping by the time the inquiry is complete, the voters will forget and no one will care.

I care. This politician will never again get my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment