Friday, October 26, 2007

All Creative Ventures Are Difficult

In this time crunched world, there isn't much space to experiment with new ideas, new technology, new experiences. The old familiar ways of doing things are a lot more comfortable and most days it feels like I need my habits to survive. Is that living? Maybe some discomfort or struggle is proof I am alive.

Learning this new technology is extremely uncomfortable and irritating. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do, the programs don't load correctly, I close the wrong window and lose my information. Is it worth it? I would like to just say no, but a little voice encourages me to stay with it. Aren't all creative ventures difficult?

1 comment:

  1. Dottie Mae:
    after a tough day in cyberland, maybe some t-shirt wisdom is in order:

    --I Suffer Occasional Delusions of Adequacy

    --If At First You Don’t Succeed, Skydiving Isn’t For You

    --Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

    --Fight Commonism!

    --If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

    --Am I getting older or is the supermarket playing great music?

    --Pithy saying Pith me off.

    --They say I have A.D.D. but they just don’t understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

    --It’s better to have loved and lost than to live with the psycho the rest of your life.

    --Mirror, mirror on the wall… What the **^&%^&% happened?

    --Some days it’s not even worth chewing through the restraints.

    --What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it’s all about?

    --I’m confused. Wait…maybe I’m not.

    --Even if the voices are not real they have some pretty good ideas.

    --Mess with me, you mess with the whole trailer park.

    --With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

    --I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.

    --The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.

    --It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.

    --The cost of living hasn’t affected its popularity.

    ReplyDelete